Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Brushing Teeth

I got creative and decided to experiment with the xerox machine. I borrowed a set of fake teeth from a dental student friend of mine and I got some toothpaste and a toothbrush to play around with. I made about 100 different copies while holding the objects in different ways, trying to find out what looked best. I made copies of me putting toothpaste on the brush, as well as copies of me brushing the Typodont. I then scanned my best ten for each action into photoshop where I cropped each image to a 4x6 inch frame. Check em' out!











These are some pictures I took for one of my books for the action of APPLYING TOOTHPASTE TO THE TOOTHBRUSH










This is my activity and this is what I have come up with so far:
I made a list of the actions that make up brushing your teeth.
1. Gather toothbrush and toothpaste
2. Take cap off of toothpaste
3. Squeeze the toothpaste out of tube and onto your toothbrush. 
4. Put toothbrush in your mouth
5. Brush your teeth
6. Spit out toothpaste when finished brushing
7. Rinse out your mouth with water

Since I have to chose 2 actions I am going to consider the micro-actions that are involved in brushing your teeth. I am making my books about applying toothpaste to the toothbrush and also the action of brushing your teeth

No comments: