THINK YOUR BATHROOM IS CLEAN?...THINK AGAIN!!
So I have decided that what I want to present in my informative video clip is facts about poor bathroom hygiene and how to improve your cleanliness. Poor bathroom hygiene can present a health risk to the entire household. When not cleaned properly and often, a dirty bathroom becomes a breeding ground for bacteria and germs that spread illness through the house. Each family member can play their part in keeping the bathroom clean to prevent germs from spreading. It involves keeping themselves clean and cleaning up after themselves. The regimen is not just healthy; it's considerate. The dirt and germs you leave behind can linger and spread illness to other family members.
This relates to my original activity of brushing your teeth, but now I'm taking it one step further and branching out to the bathroom in general. These are the 5 facts I will be presenting:
1. Use disposable towels to dry your hands instead of a cloth towel that everyone would use. By using disposables, you'll be throwing away germs instead of spreading them. Communal towels contain bacteria and viruses that cause illness.
2. Replace your toothbrushes every three months. Don't let your dirty toothbrush hang in the holder with your family’s toothbrushes. And never share a toothbrush with anyone. That's the quickest way to spread infections.
3. Occasionally remove your showerheads and soak them overnight in vinegar or a commercial cleanser. This removes the build-up and dirt that clogs the head and contaminates the shower water.
(info from Safety.com)
4. Fecal bacteria grow in refillable soap dispensers. You can get as many as 10 million bacteria on your hands every time you use one because they grow in the soap. So, don’t use them! Buy a new soap dispenser when you run out.
5. Flush your toilet with the lid closed because the force of the flush can send bacteria and water droplets from the toilet out in to the air and can contaminate your personal hygiene items such as your toothbrush!
This is an interesting video I found about my last fact:Dr.Know: How Dirty Are Bathrooms?