Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Degree Project: Researching Inspiration

This video really inspires me. It has elements of suspense, surprise, emotion, and facts while creating a very powerful message that is intimate, one-on-one, and extremely memorable. I want my video campaign to be just as striking!

This video relies on editing, typography, motion, and an extremely strong metaphor to create a powerful message that is undeniably eye-opening.
This video's subject matter is people, which is the vehicle I have been using to send my message so far, so I found it interesting how giving a face and a voice to the stop of careless spreading of HIV can be a powerful way to promote awareness and a positive call to action.
This video doesn't have a very powerful or long lasting emotional impact, but it does use people to deliver a message about AIDS. I do really like the high contrast visuals and the pacing of the editing though!

These last 2 clips use experimental and kinetic typography, audio, narration and clever transitions to send a thank you message to those who have participated in raising money for fighting HIV/AIDS in Africa. I want to incorporate typographic elements like this in my campaign!

No comments: