Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Degree Project: Updated Video Edits

I have been working on a campaign "brand mark" to go on the end of each video that will exist in the series of 5-10 different short clips. It has evolved from simple to complex and now back to simple ( efficient!)

First attempt at a campaign mark:
I started with a clean textured background and simple type w/narration.

Second attempt at a campaign mark:
I wanted more...so I added texture, kinetic typography, and lots of movement.

Third attempt at a campaign mark:
Although the fast paced, busy and overloaded campaign mark shows off my editing skills, I felt that it might over power the rest of the video footage and maybe "less is more."

Final campaign mark:
I cut back even more to a clean white background and dramatic smooth transitions with black type.

My concept of reaching out to the young community at critical times and creating a lasting impression has developed into the idea of juxtaposing the video footage with unexpected and powerful background ambiance (a crowded bar, nightclub, party, heart monitor, intercourse, etc.) that provokes emotion by making you uncomfortable. I have also grouped the footage into categories based on the statistics on each model's face, but I'm having a difficult time figuring out how many models to show during each video. To fix this confusion, I decided to make a matrix that charts which models will be in each video and what the background sound effect will be.
Here are some of the most up to date videos in the series.

No comments: