Friday, October 24, 2008

Communication Model: Infographic Ideas

These are my two pre-final communication models. In my process documentation book I will include both the "blank template" for the general communication process and then I will also have the "annotated example" of my specific communication process through the first cycle of the postcard project. So, yes, two separate models.




I finally found a format that will work for my communication model that shows the process as a continuous cycle of a source sending a message through channels that gets received and then the receiver becomes the sender of a new message that he sends back to the original source through channels. I included image boxes (5"x7") after the message so that the viewer can have an example to learn from and so that I can drop in my postcards and include my personal annotations and the dialog between my partner and I.


So, initially, I was having a lot of issues with the layout of my communication model. I was having difficulty figuring out how to show the process from the sender and the message, through the channels and to the source. I was trying to create a blank template that shows Berlo's basic components but make it so that I could drop in my specific annotations created from this postcard project. So I am using a white box as a place holder for where the actual image would be in my model. I plan on using two of these diagrams in my process documentation because that way I can show the way the communication model works in general and then how the communication model works with my own annotations and dialog.

These first few ideas below were unsuccessful because they were confusing my classmates during the process critique. People were confused as to why I had an image box connected at certain points and not at others. I realized that I need to show an image box attached to the original sender/message and then again after the receiver becomes the sender and creates his own message. I also was forgetting that this is a cycle and the receiver doesn't just create a message based on how he interprets the original source's message, but he actually becomes the sender and the cycle repeats itself from there.





No comments: