Monday, April 14, 2008

Infographic Updated

I adjusted the far right side. The text was cutting it too close to the edge and it was bothersome. I also adjusted the color of the numbers based on its opposite side of the gradient. I think legibility improved.



What do you think about the orange bar that includes the paragraph? I added the text info box to explain to the viewer what the purpose of the infographic is. I talked about who needs to exercise, when, how much, and why. I also fixed the alignments on the "quick tips" and "by the number" columns.



This is the infographic that I have arrived at as of now. I will include it in my magazine spread for Michael eppelheimer's class. It might need a few final tweaks but I think the layout and the color choices are good how they are. Any suggestions?


2 comments:

jamie said...

The low contrast between orange text and gray background are compromising legibility in the left column.

jamie said...

Align your body copy to the top, so it has a matching baseline across the quick tips and by the number columns.

What is the blue outer ring for? Have you tried without? Or smaller? Or different color? Could it be a spot to expand/repeat the minute breakdown?

Missing is a small paragraph that expands and frames the piece. Yes, the header says a lot, but now, do some copywriting that explains the concept or benefit or ease of a 60 minute workout. Why do it? Who is it for? When does this fit in the day? et al.